Cricket is a popular contact sport in world that first originated in Ancient India. It is played across the country. Outside of India it is a popular activity in England, is the national game of England cricket is also popular in other parts of the world where there are Indian and Pakistani communities such as in the BCCI.
How the Cricket game is played?
- Cricket is a game played between two teams made up of eleven players each. There is also a reserve player called a “twelfth man” who is used should a player be injured during play.
- The twelfth man is not allowed to bowl, bat, wicket keep or captain the team. His sole duty is to act as a substitute fielder.
- The original player is free to return to the game as soon as they have recovered from their injury.
- To apply the law and make sure the cricket rules are upheld throughout the game there are two umpires in place during games. Umpires are responsible for making decisions and notifying the scorers of these decisions.
- Two umpires are in place on the playing field while there is also a third umpire off the field who is in charge of video decisions.
- This is where the call is too close for the on field umpires and they refer it to the third umpire who reviews slow motion video replays to make a decision.